|The Singing Programme works with a great range of schools and children, often providing a focus and inspiration for young people in the less afluent parts of West Yorkshire. The choirs are open to all for audition, irrespective of denomination or school attended. We strive to ensure that all children are offered the same educational and social benefits through choral singing at the highest possible standard. Some achievements include:
- Over 2500 children involved each week
- 42 schools receiving weekly tuition from Cathedral Choral Directors
- Six boys and six girls choirs in Leeds, Huddersfield and Bradford
- In excess of 15,000 individual children involved in the programme since 2007
- 43 BBC radio and television broadcasts since 2005; Nine CD recordings; Regular Choral, Organ and Orchestral Concerts
- A groundbreaking choir school project in Chapeltown
Read the testimonials from choir members, parents, teachers and scholarship holders.
Read our appeal brochure.
How your donation helps
£5 a month enables us to buy a new set of choir sheet music
£10 a month sponsors a boy or girl singer in Bradford, Leeds, Keighley or Huddersfield
£20 a month sponsors a boy or girl chorister at the Cathedral
£30 a month supports the cost of the organ and choral concerts
£50 a month sponsors a Cathedral Choral Scholar, Organ Scholar and Conducting Scholar
All donations, no matter what the amount, make a huge difference to us. With your support we can help more children and young people to reach their full potential through music. Please donate now.
There are two ways to donate
1) BY CHEQUE
Print the Donation Form. You can download it by clicking on the link below:
- Donation Form
- Complete it and return, along with your cheque made payable to "Diocese of Leeds Music Fund" to: Music Department, Leeds Cathedral, Great George Street, Leeds LS2 8BE
2) BY STANDING ORDER
This is the best option if you would like to set up a regular donation to the Singing Programme on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis. Print the Standing Order Form using the link below:
- Standing Order Form
- Complete it and return to us at: Music Department, Leeds Cathedral, Great George Street, Leeds LS2 8BE
Thank you for your donation! You will be supporting the on-going work for 2500 children. You can make any amount go further at no extra cost to you if you tick the Gift Aid box on the form.
A gift by Legacy
A gift in your Will is one of the most special and enduring ways that you can support the development of a living tradition for future generations. This could be either to support music for young people in general, or as a memorial in your name, or that of a loved one. The use of the funds is guaranteed to be restricted to Music Development, or specific projects according to your wishes, to continue to enable young people to develop musicianship whilst building lasting friendships.
Please contact the music office for a legacy leaflet for download it here.