Organs in the Diocese of Leeds
The Diocese of Leeds has many fine pipe organs in its parish churches. Particularly interesting contemporary mechanical action instruments can be found in Sacred Heart, Ilkley (Schumaker); St Benedict's, Garforth (Peter Collins); St Joseph's, Keighley (Laycock and Bannister); St Patrick's, Huddersfield (Anton Skrabl); St Joseph's, Wetherby (Peter Collins) and Our Lady of Good Counsel in Horsforth (Walker).
There are also several important historic pipe organs such as those in the parishes of Holy Family, New Wortley; Holy Spirit, Heckmondwike; Immaculate Conception & St John of Beverley, Scarthingwell (1854 Carlous Allen); St Roberts, Harrogate (1898 William Hill); Notre Dame Chapel, Leeds; St Mary's, Carlton (1846 Matthew Booth); St Mary's, Batley (James Conacher); St Theresa, Crossgates (Binns); St John Fisher & St Thomas More, Burley-in-Wharfedale (Father Willis); St Joseph's, Bradford (Hopkins & Son); St Edwards, Clifford (Foster and Andrews); St William's, Bradford (Hopkins & Son) and St Stephen's, Skipton.
The 1960s Walker organ in Corpus Christi Church in Leeds is a famous local instrument and benefits from the most reverberant acoustic of any church in the city.
The new organ in the Cathedral is a large romantic style instrument by Johannes Klais Orgelbau of Bonn, and was inaugurated in May 2010.
Full details of organs which accompany the diocesan choirs can be found on the left hand menu.